The Office of Information Technology for the Archdiocese of New Orleans is looking for a Network & Systems Administrator who can help plan and support our growing computer network. The position will be responsible for maintaining current network infrastructure and troubleshooting existing end user systems. The ideal candidate for this position is familiar with Cisco network equipment, well-versed in Windows based computing solutions, and has a strong customer service attitude.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Engage in regular troubleshooting of network equipment and resolve connectivity issues.
• Perform on site and remote assistance for end users in a healthcare environment.
• Create projects that are designed to add functionality, or to address ongoing issues of failure across the environment.
• Prepares users by designing, and conducting, user training for new hires and existing employees on IT policy, procedure, and best practices.
• Assists in disaster recovery planning and development.
• Performs preventive network hardware and software maintenance.
• Travels occasionally to several healthcare sites in the organization for wellness checks and routine maintenance.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field.
• 2+ years network/systems troubleshooting experience.
• Advanced knowledge of a range of computing and network software, hardware, and technologies.
• Ability to complete complex projects, and daily tasks alike, with minimal to no supervision.
• Effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of healthcare systems and HIPPA compliance a plus
• Capable of resolving user complaints and concerns regarding systems.
• Ability to work flexible hours as projects/outages may demand.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work within a team environment.
• Driver’s license with good record (Local travel required during business hours)